Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Thankful

Every evening, I tuck my little angels in and thank God for
these precious blessings.
There are always moments during the day that they
rattle my nerves,
make me shake my head,
or take a deep breath before speaking another word.
But they also make me LAUGH...
ALOT!
They are silly and mischievious,
they'll shout it out one minute,
then hold hands the next;
they are super quiet at times,
then suprise me by starting great conversations
with complete strangers.
One of the things that is so rewarding to see is
their genuine compassion for others.
Max is always willing to give up part of a tasty treat
to make sure there is enough for everyone-
even Mommy and Daddy.
Mia can't wait to ask a new friend to join in
on all the fun.
And they both, without fail,
look out for each other.
It fills my heart with so much JOY.
Oddly enough, it makes me thankful for the little
conflicts we work through everyday.
Those little ups and downs remind me that it is all
REAL,
that I really am fortunate enough to call
these beautiful babies mine,
and that I get to share all these many moments with them.
So tonight, as my beautiful babies sleep
and I think back on all we shared today,
I thank God;
I thank Him for giving me the best job in the world,
for letting me be Mommy to my angels!

No comments:

Post a Comment